Senior Developer @
Helped to build the platform and team behind a cross platform real-time messaging system for deskless teams, used by some of the UKs biggest retail and hospitality brands.
- Implemented a major revision to a key product area (the “newsfeed”), including a re-architecture of the core message routing process.
- Proposed, gained approval for, and implemented UI/UX re-designs of several key areas of the app; addressing key areas of customer feedback.
- Drastically improved the platform’s push notifications, transforming them from something users found to be an annoyance into an indispensable feature.
- Advocated for and initiated a program of continuous feedback and improvement for logging, metrics gathering, and error reporting.
- Designed and implemented a flexible data import facility, drastically reducing the time and effort required to establish automated imports for new customers.
Promoted from informal team leadership to lead developer in order to support the company’s growth, taking on responsibility for all aspects of team management and leadership.
- Grew the development team by 2.5x (interviewing, onboarding, management, and performance review.) Defining the company playbook in tandem.
- Mentored junior and beginner Clojure developers.
- Increased code quality and knowledge sharing by advocating for and transitioning to a Pull Request and Review workflow.
- Created a culture of documentation (Wikis, READMEs, Swagger API documention, etc.)
- Led the establishment of key partner integrations, relationships and processes.
- Provided technical expertise during client acquisition, including meeting with client sponsors and preparing presentation materials.
- Worked closely with account managers and project managers to define the product roadmap.
- Helped drive customer employee onboarding success by automating the invitation and onboarding process.
- Increased customer employee engagement by implementing a full-stack newsfeed and content tagging solution.
- Helped foster better customer employee interaction by developing more interactive and informative notifications.
- Improved integration with third-party Human Resources systems by re-architecting internal data models to flexibly cope with varying sources and structures.
- Drove the increased use of unit testing and continuous integration as a means of ensuring product reliability.